Saturday, February 9, 2013

home is wherever i'm with you

 
We are currently into the groove of school and beach, intermixed with delicious cheap food. Which makes it seem like there is nothing really to blog about. But hey, maybe you are interested in what $15 a night gets you on a chilled out Thai Island? This place has no pulse, just good vibes and that suits us in-bed-by-eight-ers quite well.
 
Our little newish cabin (a few minutes walk down a dusty path to the beach) comes with a fridge, a king and a single bed, mosquito nets, a fan and windows with bars to keep big critters (like monkeys and monitor lizards) out. We also get our own bathroom with a cold-water shower and a real toilet which we have to flush by pouring buckets of water into it (been there, done that lots already, so we are pros).
We have a small porch and green patch that sees a lot of action...
And a lot of quiet observation.
You know, I was an English and Women's Studies major and quite the introspective journal-writer and poet in my day. I mean I wrote volumes. But once I met my husband it sort of dropped off... at least the "angst" stuff, the needing to be heard stuff did.
And I feel like that is where I am with the blog these days. I mean who really wants to hear about contentment? Really? Cause I think that is where we are at most of the time right now, and it doesn't make for very salacious or informative posts.
So I've got nothing for you. We have our downs (missing friends and family, knowing what each person is doing and thinking all. the. time.) but we know this nirvana here will come to an end and then we will try to achieve contentment at the next place and the next place until we reach home.
So I think we are getting quite a bit out of our $15/night pad. Maybe more than we thought we would. We are doing it, we are together, we are finding our home wherever we go.  And that makes me inspired to just be present in this moment with you.

7 comments:

  1. I would love to hear more about your contentment, it's kind of refreshing actually. Funny, I graduated with a Women's Studies major too, honestly, I think I have had enough of the angst stuff for a lifetime. Reading your post and looking at your pictures transported me there, even if for a coupe of minutes. Beautiful post, write more, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again your pictures tell the story...I can feel your peace through them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing photographer and writer. We are very lucky that we get to partake in your adventures through both. I love hearing about your contentment! Love Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, relax and have fun.

    I have a few suggestions for blog topics that might be interesting...

    1. Thai Food - another food blog post because we all love food
    2. Grandparents
    3. A day in the life in paradise

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post, dev...bring on the contentment! xo e.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this post makes me so happy. for you and your beautiful family. you are an amazing writer Dev. We love hearing about it all...especially contentment. What a wonderful place to be. love you guys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete