Monday, August 20, 2012

iceland

We only spent enough time in Iceland to purchase vodka and breakfast for the children. We got great deals on flights from Iceland Air which included a short or long stopover in Iceland for no extra cost to the flight. Although we would have loved to have actually stayed, when we investigated the expense of getting from the airport to Reykjavik, accommodation and food it all just added up to too much krona for us. I admit it did feel like a bit of a missed opportunity in the moment, but that may have been jet-lag talking. We want to be able to travel for a year, so we have to think about and plan our expenses rather than the financial freedom we tend to feel when on vacation.

6 comments:

  1. It's good you got vodka and breakfast for the children, but didn't you and Silas get anything for yourselves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I just figured out that I'm posting as "J Dub" rather than myself. And then it took awhile for me to figure out why. That's apparently my account name for Google--long story about where "J Dub" comes from. Just so you'll know--this is Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, our children are drinking vodka just for this trip! Thanks for solving this mystery for us, don't change your handle - I love it! We just had L over for dinner, wish you guys were here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering if there is a Kevin in your life besides your co-worker Kevin. I don't know who L is and I'm not sure you really want Lori, Ender and I there too. For one thing, I don't drink vodka for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is funny! I should have known the semantics was you. Yes - we know another Kevin, his wife is good friends with the friend we are visiting.

      Delete
  5. Breakfast in Iceland sounds very romantic - or would be a great book title too!

    ReplyDelete